Kids Life Line FAQs
Find the answers to frequently asked questions about the Kids Life-Line program.
How do I apply for assistance through the Kids Life-Line program?
To apply for assistance through the Kids Life-Line program your health or social care professional such as your doctor or social worker can contact the foundation for an in-take request package. This package MUST be filled out and submitted by the health or social care provider. The foundation reviews each request on an individual basis and strives to provide a response as soon as possible.
What does the program cover?
The Kids Life-Line program strives to provide a one time fulfillment, of a necessary product or service that will enhance a child’s quality of life and is not otherwise provided by health care plans, levels of government or other organizations. The goal of this program is to meet an immediate essential and sometimes critical need for a child.
Some of the requests we have answered include and are not limited to:
- Small medical equipment and supplies
- Limited in-home nursing care or therapy
- Required short term therapies
- Transportation to and from medical appointments
- Parking permits for hospital visits
- Medication not covered by government or insurance
- Dental procedures not covered by government or insurance
- Specialized or needed furniture and equipment
If you have any questions/concerns regarding what the Kids Life Line Program covers, please feel free to contact us.
What requests do not qualify for funding and support?
The foundation does not accept or cover requests for the following:
- Bill payment assistance including and not limited to hydro, mortgage, phone, car payments etc.
- Retroactive payments or payment reimbursement (example: a product or service has been paid for by the family and they would like the foundation to reimburse them)
- Food and clothing, unless medically prescribed
- Vehicle modifications or repairs
- Home renovations
The purpose of this program is to fulfill an immediate and vital need for a child that will have a lasting long term affect on their physical and emotional well-being. Therefore, if our funding limit will not cover the full amount of the request we will be unable to grant support.
However, A Child’s Voice Foundation is happy to partner with other organizations through the Kids Life-Line to help fulfill a request for a child in need. Many times the foundation has contributed partial funds along with other organizations in order for the total request can be met. We do not want to turn one child away.
How can I help?
There are many ways you can help a child in need. You can host a fundraiser or make a donation to help provided the necessary funds that allow our foundation and its programs to operate. You can volunteer your time as part of our board of directors, on a committee or in our office. Please contact the foundation for available opportunities.