Interested in donating your hair to Angel Hair For Kids? Follow our Angel Hair For Kids hair donation guidelines listed below:
- The minimal hair donation length is 12 inches measured tip to tip;
- Hair can be placed in a braid or ponytail;
- Tightly secure the braid or ponytail using rubber bands or hair elastics;
- No permed, bleached, dyed, or treated hair is acceptable;
- Cut above the rubber band or hair elastic, not below;
- Slightly grey hair is acceptable.
- Please ensure hair is fully dry when cut. Wet hair cannot be used.
- Hair cut years ago is usable if it has been stored in a ponytail or braid;
- Curly hair may be pulled straight to measure the minimum 12 inches;
- Hair swept off the floor is not useable;
- Hair that is shaved off and is not in a ponytail or braid is not usable. Please divide your hair into multiple ponytails and cut each one off before continuing to shave; and
- Dreadlocks, wigs, falls, hair extensions, or synthetic hair is not acceptable.
We do not cut hair in our National Office. We encourage all of our donors to go to a salon they arefamiliar with to ensure their comfort when donating.
- Place your hair donation inside a plastic bag or wrapped in tissue paper and place the hair donation bag within a mailing envelope;
- Print a copy of our hair donation form and fill out the necessary information, or write the hair donor’s full name and return address inside the envelope in order to receive an Angel Hair For Kids Certificate of Appreciation;
- We kindly request hair donors include a toonie as a donation to A Child’s Voice Foundation and its programs;
- Please address the mailing envelope to:
A Child’s Voice Foundation, C/O Angel Hair For Kids
3034 Palstan Road
Suite 301 Mississauga, Ontario
- Please phone our National Office at 905.275.3434 to confirm our Angel Hair For Kids Coordinator will be available to receive your hair donation before your expected arrival.
- Hair donation drop-off hours include: Monday, Wednesday and Friday between 9:00 a.m. and 12:00 p.m; Tuesday and Thursday between 9:00 a.m. and 2:30 p.m. The National Office is closed on weekends.
- The National Office is located on the third floor of 3034 Palstan Road, Suite 301, Mississauga, Ontario, L4Y 2Z6.